Helen S. Lee, MD, FACOG
Dr. Helen Lee began her career in 1999 as an Obstetrician and Gynecologist in San Diego, California. Her private practice thrived there for nine years, and she developed a reputation as an excellent physician and surgeon. In 2008, Dr. Lee moved to Memphis for her husband’s job and joined McDonald Murrmann Women’s Clinic.
Dr. Lee has continued her dedication to providing excellent care and to staying on the forefront of new medical technology. For example, her expertise in minimally invasive surgery allows women to heal faster and more comfortably from surgery.
Like many women today, Dr. Lee had infertility issues before having her beautiful daughter, Chloe. Because of this, she thoroughly enjoys taking care of pregnant women and delivering their babies.
Over the years, Dr. Lee has built a busy and well respected practice in the Mid-South. This is evident in the number of hospital staff and fellow physicians who entrust their care to Dr. Lee. She is humbled by the number of people who choose her as her doctor. When she’s not working, Dr. Lee enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter. Her curiosity for life and adventure inspires her love of travel and exploring exotic cuisine.
Being a woman, I can relate to what it’s like to have a bad period, to have trouble getting pregnant, or to go through menopausal symptoms. I understand and that benefits my patients. I truly enjoy working with women through all stages of their lives and helping them find solutions to their problems.
- Adolescent medicine
- Routine Obstetric/ prenatal care
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal pap smears
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal bleeding
- In office procedures, including long acting contraception (Nexplanon® and IUD’s) and endometrial ablation (Novasure™) for heavy bleeding
- Minimally invasive procedures and surgery for fibroids, including laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Non-surgical vulvovaginal rejuvenation (Thermiva®)
- Undergraduate school – University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Medical School – Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Residency Training – Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Board certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Medical Society
- Memphis Shelby County OBGYN Society
- Tennessee Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- “Top Doctor” in San Diego Magazine