Heather O. Donato, MD, FACOG
Dr. Heather O. Donato joined McDonald Murrmann Women’s Clinic in 2003 after three years of private practice in Memphis. She graduated from Vanderbilt University with a degree in biology and then attended medical school at The University of Tennessee. She received the Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She completed her residency in 2000 where she received an award in the field of Gynecologic Oncology.
Dr. Donato is currently a member of the clinical faculty at the University of Tennessee and enjoys teaching and interacting with the resident physicians. Dr. Donato received her board certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2002 is a fellow in the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Donato is a member of the Memphis- Shelby County Medical Society, the Memphis OB/GYN Society and the Tennessee Medical Association.
Dr. Donato spends her free time with her husband and her two children. She also enjoys playing the piano, gardening, travel, and cooking. She and her husband are supporters of the Memphis Zoo, The Memphis Botanic Garden, WKNO and Memphis Union Mission.
- Infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss
- Adolescent medicine and issues facing young women
- In-office contraceptive management, including Nexplanon™ and IUD’s
- Minimally invasive procedures and surgery for endometriosis, fibroids, sterilization and heavy periods, including laparoscopic hysterectomy, Essure™ and endometrial ablation such as Novasure™
- DaVinci™ Robotic hysterectomies
- Thermiva™ rejuvenation procedure for vaginal laxity and postmenopausal dryness
During Dr. Donato’s training, she received the Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology and an award in the field of Gynecologic Oncology during her residency.
- Undergraduate School- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Medical School- University of Tennessee, College of Medicine, Memphis, TN
- Residency- University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Memphis Shelby County OBGYN Society
- Memphis Medical Society
- Tennessee Medical Association