Undergraduate Degree: Vanderbilt University
Medical School Attended: University of Tennessee
Residency: University of Tennessee
Heather O. Donato, M.D. joined McDonald Murrmann Women's Clinic in 2003 after three years of private practice in Memphis. After graduating from Vanderbilt University with a degree in biology, she attended medical school at The University of Tennessee where she received the Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She completed her residency in 2000 and again received an award in the field of Gynecologic Oncology. Currently a member of the clinical faculty at the University of Tennessee, Dr. Donato enjoys teaching and interacting with the resident physicians. She received her board certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2002 is a fellow in the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr.Donato is a member of the Memphis- Shelby County Medical Society, the Memphis OB/GYN Society and the Tennessee Medical Association.
Dr.Donato enjoys all aspects of obstetrical and gynecologic care of women. Her interests include:
- Infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal Pap smears
- Adolescent medicine and issues facing young women
- In-office contraceptive management, including Nexplanon™ and IUD's
- Minimally invasive procedures and surgery for endometriosis, fibroids, sterilization and heavy periods, including laparoscopic hysterectomy, Essure™ and endometrial ablation such as Novasure™
- DaVinci™ Robotic Surgery
Dr. Donato spends her free time with her husband and her two children. She also enjoys playing the piano, gardening, travel, and cooking. She and her husband are supporters of the Memphis Zoo, The Memphis Botanic Garden, WKNO and Memphis Union Mission.